We are excited to get back to work, while continuing to implement new strategies, guidelines and preparedness plans to better serve our community. We are working hard to navigate our temporary new normal, while being there for all of you.
We would like to update you on the steps we are taking to ensure the safety of staff and our clients:
~ Customer Interaction ~
- We will limit the number of customers in the store at any one time, while also working with limited staff.
- Always keep 6 feet between you and customers when possible.
- We are instituting a no contact policy (no hugs, handshakes, or other close contact).
Use of Masks
- We are requiring employees to wear masks and we will also be requiring customers to wear masks.
- We will be taking customer’s temperature at the door.
- Masks are not only used to protect each other, but to protect our customers as well.
Use of Gloves
- While gloves are not infallible, they can help to protect ourselves and others.
- Using gloves with customers is a requirement.
- The best thing you can do when you greet or engage with a customer is to pause and use hand sanitizer where the customer can clearly see you.
Candy Bar / Beverage Station
- We will temporarily suspend our Candy Bar on the sales floor.
- If you give a customer a bottled water or other drink, please always use gloves.
Customer’s Jewelry / Watches
- If a customer brings in a watch or jewelry to be looked at or repaired, disinfect the item before handling it.
- Use gloves to place the item in a small zip lock baggie (or have the customer drop it in the baggie) and spray our disinfectant solution in the baggie, completely covering the surface of the item. Leave it in there for over 30 seconds.
- You can then inspect the item and put it in a job envelope or the ultrasonic if it is something that can go in the ultrasonic.
- Ask customers to leave quick repairs, such as watch batteries, and promise several days ahead, so you can take your time and proper precautions in handling the item.
- Any merchandise that you or a customer has handled should be left out for cleaning.
- Immediately after showing the items, you should disinfect the merchandise using the same method described above, in addition to the ultrasonic.
- When possible, do not handle customer’s credit cards. Use our chip readers, where the customer can place the card in the reader.
- If the customer handles the card reader or a pen, please disinfect those items after use.
- Encourage payment in advance of customer’s picking up items and offer curbside pickup.
- We will offer curbside pickup for any completed repair item or new sale. Instruct the customer to call the store upon arriving, let us know the make and model of the vehicle and we will deliver the package curbside.
Sanitizing and Disinfecting
- Again, this is everyone’s job.
- This Preparedness Plan has been communicated to all associates. We must all work together to promote a safe, clean and healthy work environment.
Thank you for your continued support, patience and understanding. We truly look forward to seeing you soon.